[geocentrism] Re: Geostationary satellite myth

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:00:45 +0100 (BST)

Gary - You can work it out thus:

(Supposed) radius of Jupiter = 71,492 km and average (supposed) distance from
us = 799,380,00 km. It therefore subtends an angle of

2 x 71,492 / 799,380,000 = 1.789 x 10-4 rads = 37 seconds of arc.

This is within the capability of the human eye (no telescope needed).

Philip - Are you serious about these things having a power output of a kW ?

Neville.

Gary Shelton <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dr.Jones,
There must be quite a lot of photographs we are shown of space objects we are
shown that are simply fake, if that is true. Under the same logic, would we be
denied being able to see Jupiter or Saturn or Neptune through a telescope?
Seems to me the size of the geosat versus its distance from the earth, and
these planets versus their distance from the earth would make for a similar
ratio.

Sincerely,

Gary
GaryLShelton@xxxxxxxxxxx