[geocentrism] Re: Fwd: Fw: Geostatic Satellites

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:59:15 +1000

If a geosynchronous satellite's orbit is not exactly aligned with the
equator, it will appear (when viewed by someone on the ground) to oscillate
daily around a fixed point in the sky.  from a definition just posted.

This needs clarification.

Gary, I do not take it to mean the orbiter is doing any configurations other
than a straight circular orbit. It only appears so to an earth observer.

Consider three possibilities, and assuming the Earth does not have a 24 hour
wobble, these are....
1,  A clean orbit in line with the equator. It would appear stationary.

2.  An orbit that is not parallel to the equator. ie it is at an angle to
the equator that will take it to a northeren latitude and back, or even to a
southern latitude. Thus as the world rotates, it will appear to oscillate
north south over the degrees of latitude it is displaced from the parallel.
This by the way seems at a glance to support a rotating earth, and is
another reason no doubt Neville is reluctant to accept their existence. This
effect by the way is going to upset sungenis's universal mass theory
perhaps.

3. An orbit that is above the equator and parallel to it but vertically at a
northern latitude.  or a southern latitude. Could that be made to happen?
I do not think so because it would mean we could have a geosynchronous
orbiter circling the arctic circle. Though we can swing a pendulum in a
smaller circle.... So I do not know. But in any event such an orbiter would
also be stationary.

So No 2 seems to be a failed in accuracy synchronous sat. Yet as to your
question, depending upon the degree of oscillation, I would think the
transponders would still remain in the focus of a fixed terrestial dish.

The subject of course leads us to consider polar orbits, and more
interestingly an equatorial orbit in the opposite direction to the earths
rotation.  I would ask you all to consider the former first, and leave the
latter to a later post.

If a satellite was launched from the pole of the world, and made to take up
a polar orbit, then as there was no impetus of momentum given to it from the
earth, it should have a stationary orbit, (note stationary orbit not
stationary satellite) and as such it would show if the earth was rotating
beneath it. If the earth was still it would cover the same longitudinal path
every time.

Some may say that as this does not happen with polar orbiting satellites it
is no proof at all because these birds are launched from the equatorial
launch pads, and so will have the rotational impetus /momentum given to them
. So one might think. But that is because we have not allowed for the gyro
effect of the orbiting body. Can a spinning wheel rotate around its axis
without force being constantly applied?
Once again, I don't know.  I have watched the mysterious ,to me, action of
an off balance spinning top. Gravity is the continuous applied force.
Enough food for thought here.