[geocentrism] Re: Fw: Re: The honesty of scientists

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:10:39 +0100

On 11 Aug, Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Greetings Alan, Being a REAL scientists myself...ah....why don't you
> > > explain HOW the difference in speed changes the formulas from
> > > Newtonian physics to Einsteinian physics at some magical speed? I'm
> > > sure the group will enjoy your thesis on this...as would I :-) Steve

        It's not at some magical speed. Most of Einstein's formulae have a
term v^2/c^2 in them, where v is a velocity and c is the velocity of light.

        At ordinary speeds on the earth, v is so much smaller than c that
the expression is so small that it may be neglected, and assumed to be
zero.

        As v approaches the speed of light, the expression is no longer so
small that you can neglect it, so you have to take it into account.

        If v is a normal earth-type velocity, we ignore the term, and
Einstein's equations turn into Newton's.

        Alan