[geocentrism] Re: Fw: Re: The honesty of scientists

  • From: geocentric@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:10:08 +0100

Steve wrote:
> Being a REAL scientists myself...ah....

What sort of scientist are you?  This is not a snide remark, just
interested.

>                                        why don't you explain HOW the
> difference in speed changes the formulas from Newtonian physics to
> Einsteinian physics at some magical speed? I'm sure the group will enjoy
> your thesis on this...as would I :-)
> Steve

The magical speed as you call it depends entirely on now accurately you
make measurements.  In other words, there is no magical speed.
Newtonian mechanics is a special case of relativity if spacetime were
completely flat and the speed of light was infinite.  In Newton's day
methods of measurement were not accurate enough for anyone to notice the
difference.

Remember Newton's laws predict an elliptical orbit, Einstein's don't.
The difference is way too small for us to notice for all the planets'
orbits except mercury.  Why it didn't follow an ellipse was a mystery
until relativity came along.

The shift from a Newtonian to an Einsteinian view of the universe is a
classic example of the fact that science is not dogmatic but based
pureley on evidence.

Regards,
Mike.