[geocentrism] Re: Feasibility

  • From: "Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:24:59 -0600

Neville,
Thank you for the response below. Not sure we have connected.
1. Your if/then conclusion on the Bible vs. Nasa doesn't logically or
conclusively sufficient, for one reason, you assume you are interpreting
the Bible correctly in regard to "move" (which I admit I haven't studied
in context, but which perhaps includes or not spinning vs forward
motion).

2. Your paper on the moon landing tells me that you can determine the
actual (not just relative) speed of a rocket based on the rocket
exhaust.  So, for example, if I could start with a motionless rocket
sitting in space and burn enough fuel to achieve an actual speed of 2000
mph, then I know the rocket is going 2000 mph (relative only to the
ether I suppose).  If the moon is pulling away from me (sitting in my
rocket) at 1000 mph (or whatever), then I can figure it must be going
3000 mph in actual speed (again relative only to the ether).  This
answer can then be used to test whether the earth is spinning (based on
what the speed of the moon appears to be to us on earth vs. what its
actual speed is).  We don't have such a rocket, but we do have
satellites, so the question is whether this simple test can be used by
someone who knows how satellites are moved and adjusted.

Thank you.

Nick.