[geocentrism] Re: Celestial poles

  • From: Steven Jones <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 16:59:33 +0000

Paul Deema wrote:

Jack L

I'm slipping badly. I missed two points in your second post which deserve attention.

First, your point that the Earth just happening to be the Center of Everything. If you understand Kepler and Newton, you cannot hold this view.

"Our sun, which would comprise the center of the solar system, with its planets, moon, etc., would revolve, with thousands of other similar solar systems, around another far distant center. All these solar systems, with their grand center, would revolve around still another, and this would in like manner depend upon a still greater one. This process of multiplication of centers and augmentation of the general system would continue without limit, no final center ever being reached. The physical universe would be without a definitely fixed pivot. A spiritual system fabulated upon such an astronomical system would necessarily leave out of the question a central and personal mind as the governor of the universe, hence the atheistic origin of thought, and atheism as a belief."

- Reed in discussing the concave Earth hypothesis and the evils of Copernican thought in the light of a creator.

Steven.

Second, living things -- in the natural origins paradigm -- did not come about by randomness and chance. There are many things which influence the way substances associate or avoid association. Examples include chemical bonding -- every time it rains some car owner looks out and bemoans all that 'rust falling from the sky'. There are an enormous number of these chemical reactions which are entirely predictable. There are electrical forces which have similar but I think less ubiquitous behaviours. Then there is shape. Just as a burr will stick to a blanket -- the velcroe tactic -- so molecules fit to other molecules and stay associated because of that shape. Surface tension is a natural attractor and will play a part. Since my knowledge is distinctly less than all that is available to be known, it's a fair bet that there are many other such mechanisms. Then there is the fact that many functions found in life have more than one solution. If I remember correctly jelly fish do not have blood -- the oxygen their cells require is carried by sea water. Humans have blood which relies for its oxygen carrying abilities on that affinity of iron for oxygen to which I alluded above. Crabs and other crustaceans utilise copper. It's not as efficient as iron -- but it works. This might help to explain why we bathe in hot water and travel by car while crabs live in the mud and scavenge for detritus. Another example of different ways to do things, is to look at eyes. There are a number of fundamentally different designs for eyes all of which have one thing in common -- a cell or cells which give an electrical output when light falls upon them. But their different shapes and structure all demonstrate that there is more than one way to skin a cat and chance will play a part which way is chosen.

Paul D

PS Another post has arrived while this was being written.

Dear Paul,
You had already accepted on 'blind' faith abiogenesis so what is so different about geocentrism?
Jack
It isn't blind as this post will indicate. Regarding geocentrism -- again, Kepler and Newton.
Last for tonight -- must get some sleep.

National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week. Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV.