[geocentrism] Re: Atoms & Electrons

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:28:01 +0000 (GMT)

Jack L
The number of electrons equals the number of protons (unless it's ionised).
The number of neutrons depends upon whether it's an isotope (and which isotope).
The number of electron orbits depends upon which element you're talking about
(and from memory, something to do with energy levels such as in hydrogen where
there is only one electron but in one of two orbits). The number of electrons
in each orbit depends upon which element you're talking about and on the
maximum number which can fit in that orbit.
You could do worse than go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom and do a quick
self-help exercise. (If that's not enough detail, the article has 119
references plus many embedded links).
But why bother? It's all the work of those lying scientists and no one has ever
seen one, so they probably don't exist anyway.
Paul D