[geocentrism] Re: Appointed Times

  • From: Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:19:20 -0600

Philip,

Most of us have understood the week to be a continuous seven day cycle.
Two thousand years of culture is hard to question.  However, the
Scriptures and history include the New Moon day as a monthly
intermission that resets the "weeks" each month.  The Scriptures do say
that you work six days and rest the seventh, but it does not say that
this cycle is continuous.  The New Moon day(s) are neither work days nor
sabbath days (Eze. 46: 1).

I think the year was formally 360 days of twelve 30 day months and that
the lunar and solar calendars overlapped.

Carl