[geocentrism] Re: Apollo 13

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:31:14 -0700 (PDT)

"Although on some things they are probably just plain screwball,
theirs is a 550 page book. In a treatise such as that there are bound
to be some errors and wrong paths taken.  It by no means ruins the whole
foundation of the book."

It certainly doesn?t make anything they said real or true either. At the end of
the day you are only left with supposition and assumptions. If we could prove
something that would be great but basing a historical or scientific model on
these "possibilities" is building on sand. And your opening yourself up to the
possibility of a great disillusionment of your own making. I have no problem
with moon landings, other than the fact they "could" have been faked, for
plausible reasons. However, that is far from proof of ANYTHING. I hope you are
right for your sake, but until you have proof it all just guessing based on
supposition and assumptions. And even if it were all just a myth, it still
would not prove or disprove any mathematical model(s) of celestial mechanics.

Allen
Gary Shelton <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Gary writes:]
Amnon,

Bennet and Percy's book Dark Moon describes the Apollo 13 "mission" as a
preplanned event to garner support for the waning interest in Apollo at that
point, which had successfully landed on the moon and was going through
anti-climactic woes. They described the landing site, "Frau" something or other
(I forget the exact name) as being named after a person who spread an enormous
map drawing hoax in the 15th or 16th century (again, I forget exactly), and who
gained quite a bit of fame for that. That person is the name of the supposed
landing site the Apollo 13 crew was to have landed upon, a person who was a
proven hoaxster.

Further, they state that this landing site for Apollo 13 was on the dark side
of the moon when the craft was circling the moon. Therefore, the actors who
"saw" this site in the Apollo 13 movie could never have actually seen it.

Of course, Percy and Bennet get great heat on the BA, but what do you expect?
Although on some things they are probably just plain screwball, theirs is a 550
page book. In a treatise such as that there are bound to be some errors and
wrong paths taken. It by no means ruins the whole foundation of the book.

One of my favorite things I learned from their book is the picture of blue sky
out the Apollo 11 window in supposedly deep (black) space, at a distance (so
the astronauts claimed in the film) of 100,000 miles from the earth. Also at
this same time was the noted "hand in deep space" incident. I also have the
video to go with the book and I don't see how these things can be reconciled to
the NASA story.

Yeah, Apollo was real. Wanna buy some swamp land in Florida?

Gary

[Amnon wrote:]

How is Apollo 13 explained according to moon-hoax theory? Was the
explosion deliberate or accidental? Is it your opinion that the command
and/or lunar excursion modules on Apollos 8-17 were empty shells, or
fully assembled and functioning units and that none of them ever left
low-earth orbit? Do you believe the Soviets were in on any hoax?

GaryLShelton@xxxxxxxxxxx