[GeoStL] Re: common practices

  • From: JimSGreene@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 09:21:15 EST

I'll throw in my thoughts on the subject, for what it's worth.
 1. While I use a copy & paste for a lot of each log, I always try  to put in
a sentence or two at least just to show I know something about the  cache.
Humor is great, anything is better than a cookie cutter posting. It also  helps
me remember the cache. People are surprised at how many caches I remember
details about, that is one reason I can, or sometimes just a look at my log
will
jog my memory.
 2. I always say something nice, or at least nothing negative in a  log.
Geocaching is a social sport, I don't see any reason to make somebody upset
over
their contributions to this. If I see anything I think needs to be  addressed
regarding a cache, I will send an e-mail off list to the person.
 3. Always thank the cacher by name, everyone likes to see their name  in
there somewhere, and it shows you took the trouble to notice.
 I haven't read the forums on the subject, but I'm happy with my own  rules
for logging.

Jim