[GeoStL] Re: OYR (Cracker Barrel Caches) in Jeopardy

  • From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:02:23 -0500

-
Nope.

All the stores are company owned. When the corporate office says to do something, they have to do it. Local managers have little to do with it. So a manager does not like meatloaf and roast beef so he takes it off the menu. I suspect the corporate folks would not be pleased with the managers decision to do his own thing. Another problem with restaurants is that the turnover is quite high. Managers are here for a while then move on. If one manager grants permission for something then moves it creates a mess.
So for now, new caches will not be listed.

glenn
Sarah Chisholm wrote:
Can one still not obtain from individual local managers of these locations to place a cache? Does corporate have to be involved at all? I have spoken to a few restaurant owners and some have had no problem with the idea of a cache placed on their restaurant property. Perhaps that is all that will be necessary to continue the series - not depending on corporate blanket permission but dealing individually with the local managers and owners.

My 2¢, Sarah