[GeoStL] Re: NGR-Strange call

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:22:41 -0600

- Aha. I found somebody who actually remembers Mr. Peabody. I loved the Fractured Fairy Tales.

There was even one that was apparently the ancient form of Geocaching as practiced by SLAGA.

I cannot recall the exact story, but it was set in ancient Greece. It seems that Nick Picanopolis began a tradition. The ancient Greek word for "eat" was "pic". It seems Nick had the idea that he would pic in the park. Thus when Nick pic'ed it was really the first picnic thus starting that fine tradition which is central to SLAGA forms of geocaching.

miha ivan

Max Slover wrote:
-
Tim, I was going to say the same thing. The
Globe-Democrat has been out of print since 1987. Maybe
the guy had stepped in the wayback machine with Mr
Peabody...

Max...

--- Tim and Pam <timpam2mocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote: