[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching in the snow

  • From: "P ekey" <pkekey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:24:38 +0000

-
Caching in the snow is fun! I don't always trust that someone's footsteps are going to lead me to the cache, so I still rely on my gps.
And the route I follow in might be better than the person who preceeded me. It is fun to see where the footprints go, though. I hid a traveling cache in the snow a couple of weeks ago, and then trampled the area around the cache with lots of footprints to "disguise" the actual location. Fortunately, the snow melted before anyone else tried to find it.

Pam E. (Tribble)

From: Eric & Dayna East <lichanura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Geocaching in the snow
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 07:04:41 -0600

-
Sorry if this has been addressed before but, if it has, it was before my
time...
What are your thoughts on geocaching in the snow?
Snow covered conditions would obviously make finding the cache more
difficult for the initial hunter. However, the next person would only
need to follow the footprints left by the previous hunter. What's the
fun in that? Personally, I would feel cheated.
Don't take this wrong, i'm not blasting anyone for caching in the snow.
In fact, I recently did so myself but, only by accident. Ok, I know what
your thinking... How do you hunt by accident? Well, when I left home,
the snow had all melted here in Quincy but, when I got to the cache site
35 miles away, there was still a couple of inches of snow on the ground
and I wasn't about to drive home empty handed. :-)

God bless!

Eric

The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......