[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching in the snow

  • From: "Barbara Hunt" <barbarastl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 07:31:35 -0600

-
Eric,

What are your thoughts on geocaching in the snow?

I don't cache in the snow, because I'm a cold weather wimp!

Snow covered conditions would obviously make finding the cache more
difficult for the initial hunter. However, the next person would only
need to follow the footprints left by the previous hunter. What's the
fun in that? Personally, I would feel cheated.

I guess that's a choice you make if it has snowed, and you go caching. If you'd feel cheated, then wait until the snow melts, or turn around as soon as you start to see footprints.

Barbara