[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching in Cub Scouts

  • From: Edwin Biesemeyer <singer1ed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:42:57 -0700 (PDT)

My son, Doodles, is part of troop 664 that meets at, and is sponsored by
Immanuel Lutheran Church in Creve Ceour.  I got the scout master, better known
as scout664, interested in geocaching.  He says that the boys are supposed to
stick to the map and compass method.  I guess he isn't aware that the St. Louis
Area Council is thinking of incorporating this as part of the activities.  He
has however allowed me to introduce the boys to geocaching.  This past
fall/winter we went to Babler State Park for some advancement work and we
looked for and found one of the caches after the boys acheived what they went
there for.  Since that day the Scout Master has registered with GC.com and he
and his son have been caching on a somewhat regular basis.  I will mention this
area to him as he may not be aware that they are trying to incorporate this
activity into Scouting.  My youngest son will be joining Tigers this fall with
Pack 664.  Believe me when I tell you, Fall can't get here soon en
 ough for
 him.
-$piritwing

Edwin G. Biesemeyer Track your Dollar BillsEver wonder where your money goes.
See how to track it with the link above.