[gameprogrammer] faster lookup, lists, vectors, maps?

  • From: Roger D Vargas <luo_hei@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:49:24 -0400

I would like to know what STL container provides faster access time in short lists of elements. In my game, entities have some properties: basic stats, attributes and skills, which I plan to unify under a single data structure. Such lists of properties are accessed by scripts and currently Im using lists. Does vectors or maps provides faster access when number of elements is less than 10-20?

--
http://dsgp.blogspot.com | Linux, programación, juegos
Have no place I can be since I found Serenity

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com