[gameprogrammer] Re: How to save games?

  • From: "Ray Gomez-Bravo" <rgomezbravo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:34:15 -0700

How about a nice game of Chess?

Perhaps the pawns could be a variety of "scantily-clad girls cooing and
moaning and wriggling" as they summersault from one position to another.  Of
course the girls would all have to be of  different compositions to appeal
to the different depraved sex-maniac chest, I mean chess, players who have
not been mentally exploited by the cinema, TV, Victoria's Secrets, or the
Sears catalog.

To show the chess game is modern, the bishops could females with flowing
robes that open and flap exposing their extreme ability to shuffle, spin,
kick, and summersault from one end of the board to the other.  What about
the other pieces?  How can game writers-publishers-or what-have-yous be more
insensitive about?

Well, you get the idea.

Incidentally, just because a female is scantily-clad does not make her a
"whore" or a "slut".  Those kinds of labels reflect more on the "user" of
the words than on the target of the words.

I'll quit with just one reflection on "Memo to game developersAuthor:  How
cool would it be if the heroauthor died halfway through the gamearticle..."
Answer: It wouldn't be cool at all.  In the case of the article, we couldn't
have fun discussing it.  In the case of a game, well, the game would be
over.  Not much fun to stop playing the game before it is over. After all,
users pay for a whole game, not half a game.

So, how about a nice game of Chess?

rgb