[gameprogrammer] Re: Fast development over multiple platforms,which language?

  • From: "Jason Clark" <jclark@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:01:30 -0800

So it sounds like Java might be capable of giving me the tools I need =
for some rapid development provided I do a bit more research into some =
of the newer libraries and some experimentation.
My concern is the windows support. If M$ has made a point of hindering =
Java's success, then will the actual performance for a windows user (my =
target market) be worth the time? I guess only experimentation will =
tell.
Several people have mentioned Java 3D and game libraries. I will start =
googling the heck out of that, but if you have any experience or =
pointers, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks,
Jason.

---