[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report 9-23-2010

  • From: Phil Goldbach <shadowvar8541@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 19:06:31 -0700 (PDT)

Present: Tom, Mike Cook, Dale, Olin, Kelsey, and myself (Phil)

While Tom, Mike, Dale, and Olin went to Arby's to celebrate the goal of an ADEC
pickup, Kelsey and I remained at the warehouse. I came to FGM tonight with the
purpose of cleaning up the deman corner, so Kelsey and I sorted processors into
the appropriate plastic jugs, placed computers for deman on a pallet, and
sorted some of the items scattered around the deman table. It looks 100% better
than it did when we arrived. There's still a bit more cleaning to be done, but
I would suggest that from now on, that whoever works in the deman area is
responsible for cleaning up the work area when done.

I don't expect it to be perfectly clean, after all, it is a warehouse and the
nature of the work is messy, but I would hope that the deman area never looks
like it did again. Even if I have to make idiot-proof labels for things, that's
fine, as long as it's clear. I'm even willing to write a how-to guide on
demanning computers. I don't have a problem training new volunteers on deman.
I'll just politely ask that they clean up their work area when finished.

Next week, the plan is for Dale and Mike to work on building more shelves,
either at the warehouse or up in Michigan. Either way is fine by me, but I plan
on cleaning off the deman carts so that they can be used for the purpose of
deman. I also plan on cleaning up in general to help eliminate the numerous
boxes filled with random things.

By the way, our steel gaylord is full. Not sure how we've been recycling steel,
but a steel run does need to be made.

Phil Goldbach

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."