[frgeek-michiana] Re: P3/Internet

  • From: "Chuq Jackels" <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:03:19 -0400

From our conversation with Management they would do all of the wire running
required with their forklift and guys.

From: frgeek-michiana-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:frgeek-michiana-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Brown
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 5:11 PM
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Re: P3/Internet

Perhaps you, Phil and I can find the P3 gaylords and move them close to the
workshop door. If you already know where the P3s are located, that will make
the task easier.

I'll need to speak to SBWD management: Are they are willing to let us use
their bandwidth? At what price? And, where to run cable and connect to their
network? I believe SBWD has a scissor lift, but they probably won't let us
use it because of liability issues. So we'll probably need to coordinate a
daytime cable install.

Tom

  _____

From: john jones <rainman121065@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Ubuntu/P3
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, March 19, 2010, 11:28 AM

Ubunto does work in p3  i have one with ubuntu had it for like 3 months
already and it  hasnt  given me any problem and is just as fast as it was
the day i loaded it,its just the ones we get in are older then dirt and
tedious and time consumming to fix  parts arent a problem we have tons of
power supplys ram/vc/ec/ect for p3 but at 8 hours a week  its almost
virtually impossible to  put out any production