[frgeek-michiana] Re: P3/Internet

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:07:08 -0400

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Tom

Chuq Jackels wrote:
If Biglots still has them (last I checked the one on Ireland Rd did) they have
a double halogen work lamps with a nice stand for about $30.

Chuq

    From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 3:18 PM

    We have access to the light switches. Unfortunately the light
directly over out stock is not working. I had just a couple of them on the Tuesday you were here. It didn't occur too me that you
    were searching around in the dark. Sorry, we're not trying to
    treat you like a mushroom ;-)

    Mike

            From: john jones <rainman121065@xxxxxxxxx>
            To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 7:58 PM

            oh i thought u can run an ethernet wire from here to china
            and it would work i guess not

            --- On *Sat, 3/20/10, Richard Zimmerman

                From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 10:22 AM

                NOTHING FORMAL HAS BEEN DISCUSSED with SBWD in regards
                to using their Internet access.

                The only made the offer to run the cable to remotely
                mount an access point for us to access the RBHS
                network if we got it to work.

                To recap, there is NO approval to use SBWD bandwidth.
                The host is interest in hearing an offer from us. I
                have NOT replied with an offer because we are (were)
                attempting to get RBHS.

                To physically run a line to SBWD we are looking @ 800
                foot of wire. That is why I suggested the wireless
                bridge idea.

                Richard

                On 3/20/2010 9:37 AM, Tom Brown wrote:
                > Let me recap. The use of SBWD's bandwidth has been
                approved, and they will run the cable if we have the
                cable. Anything else discussed in talks with SBWD
                management? Like monthly fee?

                > If the run is longer than 300 ft., we will need a
                repeater (hub) to boost the signal. I assume SBWD has
                a router on which we can configure our own class C
                network segment. I have an OpenDNS account which has
                several DNS IPs we can use, or we can use SBWD's
                default DNS.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=520046&CatId=2272

<http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=520046&CatId=2272>

                > Maybe Marc can help us with Ethernet cable.
                >
                > Tom
                >
                > Chuq Jackels wrote:
                >>
                >> From our conversation with Management they would do
                all of the wire running required with their forklift
                and guys.