Thanks for letting me vent and a new question.

  • From: ddobrjansk@xxxxxxx
  • To: pens@xxxxxxxx, fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:05:38 -0400

To all my friends on the Zoss list and fptalk.  Thanks for letting me vent and
confirming what I suspected (onus is on shipper).  I still think that
half-hearted "we're sorry" from the USPS is a slap in the face but that's my
issue to wrestle with.

On to a more mundane pen-related topic:  Occassionally some time will elapse
between one of my inked FPs going into rotation and despite a full converter or
cart there is a problem starting the ink flowing again.
What methods do you use to start ink flowing again?

I myself prefer to take some water and either wet down a napkin or tissue and
gently place the nib in the dampened tissue/napkin until the ink starts flowing
again.  Sometimes I may use an alcohol pad which opens up a more stubborn or
clogged nib.  Last resort is to squeeze the cartridge to force some ink into
the nib.

Thanks,

- Dan D.