Re: Thanks for letting me vent and a new question.

  • From: "Roger Beamon" <rbeamon1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:59:24 -0700

On 24 May 2006 at 12:05, ddobrjansk@xxxxxxx wrote, at least in part:

> To all my friends on the Zoss list and fptalk.  Thanks for letting me
> vent and confirming what I suspected (onus is on shipper).  I still
> think that half-hearted "we're sorry" from the USPS is a slap in the
> face but that's my issue to wrestle with.

Venting is, among others, what lists and boards do best.

Yeah, unfortunately, the days when "Fragile" marked on a pkg. or envelope
meant anything are long gone!

> I myself prefer to take some water and either wet down a napkin or
> tissue and gently place the nib in the dampened tissue/napkin until
> the ink starts flowing again.  Sometimes I may use an alcohol pad
> which opens up a more stubborn or clogged nib.  Last resort is to
> squeeze the cartridge to force some ink into the nib.

I seldom get in this position since I'm so AR about things like this. I rotate
3-
6 pens at a time and when finished in rotation, they are flushed clean, dried
and stored empty until their next turn. The rare time when a pen in rotation
has a starting problem, a damp lintless rag does the trick.

--
Roger Beamon
Southern Arizona  USA
in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.