Re: [foxboro] /opt partition size

  • From: WMagda@xxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:08:00 -0700

Here are a  few things I would look for:
Have you checked for core files being created by some process in opt?
Do you have an /opt/fox/sysmgm/sysmon/smon_log file that is growing?
Check opt/tmp for files being created?
Are you using /opt/fox/rpt_wrt/rpt_run?  If so check there for files
growing.
Wally Magda

IE&C Spec Sr
Colorado Springs Utilities
PO Box 214
660 W. Monument Creek Rd
USAF Academy, CO   80840
719.668.9502 office
wmagda@xxxxxxx

"Ali Zahidi"
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/18/2005 08:34 AM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[foxboro] /opt partition size

Dear All,
We are using AW51E in our I/A Series System with I/A software version 6.5.
We are observing from last 2-3 weeks that the occupied space in /opt
partition is growing. We are checking the free space in the hard disk
using the following command
# df -tk -F ufs
 We noticed it when it was 75% two weeks before but now it is grown 87%.
Do anyone have idea about reason of this problem? How severe is this? and
what should we do for its remedy?
Kindly note that AIM*Datalink is connected to AW51E via second ethernet
pot.

Thanks,
Ali Ahmed Zahidi
Pakistan Refinery Ltd.