Re: [foxboro] /opt partition size

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:16:22 -0500

What I normally do is:

df -F ufs -k

To see the files systems and how full they are.

Go to a full one, e.g.,

cd /opt

Use du to see how much space each directory is taking:

du -k *

This will list the size of each directory.

I then go to each of the big ones and see what is using the space. If you do
this on a similar machine, you can get some reference sizes.

I repeat the du -k * as necessary to figure out where the "extra" is.

Invensys Process Systems
Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77043