Re: [foxboro] Remote DM Using DHCP- Fixed

  • From: "Rick Mol" <rdmol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:50:15 -0500

Whap! That's the sound of a forehead slap.

The case for the entry in the dmcfg file needs to be all lower.  I had
used the case that was on the PC, mixed upper and lower.  Silly me.

Thanks to all those who replied.

Regards,

Rick Mol
ESCO Company
IT/Automation Admin.
231.727.6409
rdmol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> rdmol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 3/18/2005 11:59:49 AM >>>
Greetings, All Wise and All Knowing List,

This topic has been beaten to death, I know, but I'm still having a
slight problem.

I need to change our PCs from fixed to dynamic IP addresses, and have
some of the PC connect to a dedicated DM.
The PC was able to connect to the appropriate DM when it had a fixed
address and an entry in the hosts file.

DHCP is setup on the network. The appropriate modifications have been
made to the WP, resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf files.
The WP can ping the machine by name.
The DM start method from the PC is default, log in as ia.

The PC is unable to connect with the dedicated DM.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Rick Mol
ESCO Company