Re: [foxboro] getpars tool

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:57:02 -0500

One other note on getpars. Getpars places load on the CP itself. This load
can be significant. If you use wild cards, you can increase the load on
every CP in the system.

In general, unless it is critical for you to know exactly the setting in the
CP, you should use the ICC driver task or the ICC print utility to get
parameter data. These utilities query the workfiles and do not impact the CP
at all.

Another option is the cpUtil tool kit on the Cassandra web site, these tools
read the workfile like the ICC driver task, but format the data in a number
of ways. They can also be used with copies of the workfiles which is
convenient for many large queries.

In your case, look at docWF which allows you to query the workfiles for data
with a simple syntax and dumpWF which creates a tab delimited ASCII file for
each block type within a set of workfiles. The output of dumpWF can easily
be imported into a database for additional queries.

System Products - Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77043
713.722.2859 (office)
713.722.2700 (switchboard)