Re: [foxboro] Sysmon messages from AIM*

  • From: Roger D Nugent <roger.nugent@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 07:58:57 -0500

David

Instead of dealing with the 'flavor of the day' historian, why not just
rotate out /opt./fox/sysmgm/sysmon/smon_log so that it doesn't get too
large, or parse through it for the most recent information.  I haven't had
any time to spend on this, but I intend to when things are not quite so
hectic around here.

Roger D Nugent
Instrument/Electrical Techn Sr

Phone:  1-979-415-6459
E-Mail:  roger.nugent@xxxxxxxx
Postal Address:
BASF Corporation
602 Copper Road
Freeport, TX 77541
USA

BASF - The Chemical Company

                         David
                         Johnson
                         <drjohn@                                       To
                         hiwaay.n         foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                         et>                                            cc
                         Sent by:
                         foxboro-                                  Subject
                         bounce@f         [foxboro] Sysmon messages from
                         reelists         AIM*
                         .org

                         05/11/20
                         07 06:37
                         AM

                          Please
                         respond
                         foxboro@
                         freelist
                          s.org

1) I remember AIM (before it got splatted by Invensys or SimSci) when it
was a Biles & Associates product.

2) I am still in search of a good way to extract sysmon messages from AIM*.
Currently we are working on ODBC calls from VB to get these, but unlike the
sample data (which we have working), the message data doesn't appear to
have a table name (that we can figure out), even though there are messages
in the historian.

I hope someone has the answer to this, because the forehead is begining to
ache.