Re: [foxboro] OPC again...

  • From: "Ron Schafer" <rschafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 09:47:21 -0400

I have attended a Matrikon class and found that their Tunneler program
bypasses the DCOM issues and it is very secure and reliable. It allows
cross machine data access without the headaches of DCOM. Including the
client machines in the same domain as our offplatform OPC server tends
to make things easier. I don't think that I would use it for control
unless it was a last resort, and then definitely use the watchdog.
Ronald G. Schafer
10026 Old Ridge Rd.
Ashland Va. 23009
804-227-4034