Re: [foxboro] FoxAPI/ais not all processes are running

  • From: Dirk Pauwels <dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 08:56:11 +0000

Hi Joe,

We haven't got Unix anymore, but looking back through my notes this is what we
had when the foxapi was running ok (with PI)
(After Ps -ef | grep api command)
opt/fox/ais/bin/foxapi wrproc
 /opt/fox/ais/bin/foxapi om_poll
/opt/fox/ais/bin/foxapi wrtimr
 /opt/fox/ais/bin/foxapi

As you can see we didn't have aislog and central either and everything worked
fine.

If you have PI and want to check if it's is running ok you can use this command:
Setenv PIHOME   /opt/piapi
cd $PIHOME
cd bin
apiverify

We had IABatch, I remember we sometimes had to stop and start foxapi when Batch
was having problems (/opt/fox/ais/bin/aisstart)

Whenever we had problems with IABatch (never used Rbatch, so it's probably
different), we checked following:
/opt/fox/ais/bin/foxapi.log
/opt/fox/sysmgm/sysmon/smon.log
/var/adm/messages
/opt/fox/IABatch/cfg/<user>/*.log
For Unix, please copy /opt/fox/IABatch/bin/MsgDump to
/opt/fox/IABatch/cfg/PROJECT and run MsgDump YOURAW  > filename

Rgds,
Dirk