Re: [foxboro] Determining Forces in PLB

  • From: "Kevin Fitzgerrell" <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:20:29 +0900

Tom,

There's a QF (QF1007465) out that fixes the CP60 fieldbus problem with
PLB blocks causing the system monitor alarms.  It's an easy QF because
it's just a new image for the FCM10E, DCM10E, FBI10E, and WFCM10E, so
can be done online (just eeprom update one side at a time).

My biggest recent complaint with PLB blocks is that with QF1005621
(which fixed some important faults) Foxboro decided that having more
than one PLB block per FBM would cause error messages (duplicat output
channel warnings) and cause the blocks to show bright green in select.
 Since multiple PLB blocks per FBM has previously been an acceptible
and well documented option (although it required the obvious
engineering to not actually use duplicate output channels, and isn't
necessarily a good idea) it's really irritating to suddenly have
warnings and errors as a result.  I wish Foxboro had elected the
smarter solution and actually check if the multiple PLB blocks were
USING duplicate output channels, but that would have been more
complex.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell