Re: [foxboro] Data retrieval from reduction groups

  • From: "Nadeau, Sylvain" <snadeau@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:34:09 -0500

Ulrich,

fh_FdbReduction() should be used for extracting the reduced data.

The file reduction mechanism is independent of the reduction groups.
Basically, when turned on, the rtp data gets reduced in files regardless if
you have reduction groups defined or not.

The extraction algorithm will decide if it will use the data from the
reduced files or from the rtp raw data files when you make your query for
the data.

Please refer to section "Overview of RTP Data File Choice" of the AIM 3.1
User's guide (around page 190) for a discussion on this topic.

PS: I think that the SUM operation always uses "reduction on the fly".

Regards,
Sylvain.

Sylvain Nadeau
Systems Integration  & IT