Re: [foxboro] CP-60 Fieldbus Communication Errors

  • From: "Teresa L Heckathorn" <heckatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:50:30 -0500

We experienced the exact same thing on CP60's that had both FBM200s and
FBM100s.  We were receiving  constant PIO Bus faillure notices.  Foxboro
has a customer advisory or helpful hint that solved our problem, it talks
about ground problems on the fieldbus for CP60's.  This document was close
to 40 pages long.  I do not know the reference number but your Foxboro
field service man should be able to assist you.   We had our Foxboro
representative down to fix the problem, but we were in an outage at the
time.  Since the grounding corrections have been made, we have not seen the
problem recur.  You would have to talk to Foxboro to see if the corrections
could be made while running the unit.