Re: [foxboro] Backing up the system

  • From: "Ali Ahmed" <alizahidi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 19:19:29 +0000

Dear Friend, To make a full backup of  hard disk of your workstation, follow
the following steps with a tape drive connected to your station.   1. Insert
a suitable tape cartridge in your tape drive. 2. Change environment to
Process_Eng or Soft_Eng. Then go to SftMnt and choose Shutdown. 3. During
shutdown when prompted for password type gnomes as password to go to single
user mode. Now at single user mode type the following.   01AW01# fsck -y
when fsck process is completed type the following at the prompt.   01AW01#
backup   when prompted for various types of backups press Enter to dump all
partitions. Now dump is started. When dump backup is  complete, type the
following at prompt 01AW01# reboot   Your system will now boot
automatically.Now remove your backup tape from the tape drive and store it
at suitable place. Do the same for each station.   You can find backup and
restore procedures in detail in your FoxDoc Electronic Documentation CD sent
to you by Invensys with your Foxboro software package.    As far as commit
disk is concerned it is same for all stations AW/WP. To make a new commit
youneed to use System Definition software.   Rgds, Ali Ahmed Zahidi Sr.
Design &Application Engineer Intech Process Automation Inc.
From:
seannusa <sean_nusa@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  [foxboro] Backing up the system
Date:  Fri, 11 May 2007 00:46:09 -0700 (PDT)
>Dear List,
>
>   I am working in a new coal fired steam power plant with Foxboro I/A
Series ver 7.1 on solaris 8 with SPARC.
>   Because one and another reason, Iand all the people here have not enough
knowledge to handle the system. Even to back up system and restore when
something happen to AWs/WPs 51. All I have here is:
>   1. DAY O ver 7.0 disk
>   2. Release Update ver 7.1 disk
>   3. Fox View, FoxDraw ver 9.0 disk
>   4. System Commit disk, commit 101, disk 10091, 11001, 11002, 11003, for
ver 7.0 and 7.1.
>   5. SOE Install, SOE PPFIX
>   6. Foxdraw (maybe data drawing disk 1-4)
>   7. tar XVF /FD0 CD /USR/TMP INST-DIGI (this one I dont know)
>   The commit 101 and system commit is only 1, as long as I know that this
commit file must be different for each AW/WP, so how do I get it?
>   Does anyone know how to restore or setup a new workstation without
installation, maybe making an IMAGE like GHOST (in Windows) do.
>   I hope all in the list can help me because I am just a newbie in this
foxboro stuff. Thank You for your help and appreciation.