[foxboro] Backing up the system

  • From: sean nusa <sean_nusa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 00:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,

  I am working in a new coal fired steam power plant with Foxboro I/A Series
ver 7.1 on solaris 8 with SPARC.
  Because one and another reason, Iand all the people here have not enough
knowledge to handle the system. Even to back up system and restore when
something happen to AWs/WPs 51. All I have here is:
  1. DAY O ver 7.0 disk
  2. Release Update ver 7.1 disk
  3. Fox View, FoxDraw ver 9.0 disk
  4. System Commit disk, commit 101, disk 10091, 11001, 11002, 11003, for ver
7.0 and 7.1.
  5. SOE Install, SOE PPFIX
  6. Foxdraw (maybe data drawing disk 1-4)
  7. tar XVF /FD0 CD /USR/TMP INST-DIGI (this one I dont know)
  The commit 101 and system commit is only 1, as long as I know that this
commit file must be different for each AW/WP, so how do I get it?
  Does anyone know how to restore or setup a new workstation without
installation, maybe making an IMAGE like GHOST (in Windows) do.
  I hope all in the list can help me because I am just a newbie in this foxboro
stuff. Thank You for your help and appreciation.

  best regards