[foxboro] AIM* ODBC

  • From: "Pat Martens" <fox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:49:54 +0200

Otto wrote:

"Note we had some issues in AIM-ODBC, however these are very nicely resolved
by FoxMass."

Kind of curious to know what these issues were.

We use AIM-ODBC to extract operator action journal messages on a daily base
into a scheduled MS-Access database.

On Friday's reports are automatically emailed to a distribution list.

Very cool!

Also use it to successfully extract RTP definitions and sample data.

However, during the creation of the MS-Access application I was not able to
fetch 1 week of data in one go; the access application would crash on me
after storing a random number of records (though always more then 1 day).

That's the main reason I now have it scheduled every day.

Anybody has similar experiences/resolutions?

Regarding sysmon messages and AIM*.

Is it so (like with operator actions) that you first have to create the
"LEGACY SYSMONMSG" ?

What further actions do you have to take to get the sysmon messages in this
message group?

Kind regards,

Patrick Martens

Total Raff. Ned. NV