Re: [foxboro] 3rd Party products on windows.

  • From: "Hicks, Gaylon F." <gfhicks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:40:07 -0500

Since this is Soapbox Day on the list server, move over David. My turn.

We are in the design part of the process of installing a lot of new
ZCP270/200 series hardware here on BFN Unit 1, FAT (hopefully) spring
2005.  The target I/A version is 8.0.  During initial discussions with
Foxboro I really pushed for a Sun/Unix AW on this system.  To make a
long story short, 8.0 will not support the 50 series boxes.  So, like it
or not (NOT!), I'm going to be the proud owner of an AW70.  The WP70s I
mind much less, because we don't use the CRTs as our primary operator
interface.  I really think we aren't far from a Windows Only I/A future.

The "I don't like Windows" viewpoint has been expressed at the Users
Groups meetings before, but we should be sure to do it this year also
(Remember the Alamo!). =20

I realize that the preceding mini-diatribe added nothing useful what so
ever to the world, but I feel better.

Gaylon Hicks=20