RE: SMTP queue problem (SPAM!!!)

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:34:32 -0700

1. You may have a virus infected internal computer that is sending out
Spam/Viruses
2. Are these messages to local users, or strictly from remote users to
remote users?
3. With the problem you are seeing, I would have to say McAfee is not doing
its job properly, either because it is not configured correctly or it is not
capable of doing it. (I would tend to lean toward the later, but then again
I dislike McAfee.)
4. What do the firewall logs say for all those messages?

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You