Re: SMTP queue problem (SPAM!!!)

  • From: "António Vasconcelos" <antonio.vasconcelos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:59:17 -0600

1) Scan all network connected devices for viruses, worms, malicious code,

--> Going to do this.

2) Do you have Exchange-aware AV software running on the Exchange
server? If not, do so.

--> I had installed Exchange Groupshield but had to unninstall it so I
could install SpamKiller for Excahnge, since I read in the manual that
both applications couldn´t run at the same server. For AV I have installed
in all servers and machines (not all, still updating them) the mcafee
VirusScan Enterprise 7.0.

3) Do you have strong passwords protecting all AD accounts? It could
be a comprised account if your SMTP relay is based on authentication.

--> I made the modification ( 7 characters minimum, special characters,
etc.) about a week ago but, the problem is that most of the users are at

Thank you very much for your reply.
Best regards