SMTP queue problem (SPAM!!!)

  • From: "Ant�nio Vasconcelos" <antonio.vasconcelos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:23:52 -0600

Hello.
My name is António and I recently moved to a new job.
All the structure was already setup. It contains (just for visualization,
heheh :P) a Nokia Firewall, a ISA Server, Active Directory and Exchange
Server 2000 (all the servers with Windows 2000).
I have tested many times the open relay at the Exchange and all the
results were negative (Open Relay is closed).
I also read an article about SMTP Authority problem, and altered the
internal password policy to solve that problem.
Even tough, a have a great problem at the SMTP protocol. I keep receiving
thousands of SPAM messages in several domains (such as aol.com, yahoo.com,
etc., and note that I freezed the majoity), and every day, new domains get
in queue list with retry status carring SPAM messages.
I don´t know waht more to do. I have Mcafee SpamKiller installed and he
works fine to me... Is it possible to be a internal computer to be doing
this? Please help me... I'm stuck in this, and I'm losing all the hope in
Microsoft.
Thank you all.
Best Regards.