RE: RE: mailbox backup

  • From: "Ruba Al Omari, Eng." <romari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mohammed Tantawi" <mtantawi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:47:43 +0300

1. Well you need to check first what level of service agreement you have
with your users? i.e. if the exchange goes down are you committed to
provide the database back online with its up to date status with no
messages lost? Do you provide mail box restore? Single message restore?
Then you can plan your backup strategy.

2. What are the skipped files? if you are using windows backup then it
will not backup opened files and this is ok.

3. Reinstalling everything in fire drill mood? Like you said before that
you want to test your exchange? Or restoring in real disaster mood?

Veritas is good, and it provides differential backups for exchange
information store as well, and it provides mailbox backups and restores,
now exchange 2003 provides single mailbox restore but I didn't try it.

4. I don't know about deleting the log files manually,

  _____