RE: Please Help , Please Help

  • From: soso bobo <soso20052006_4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:51:41 -0800 (PST)

dear Andrew,

iam so soory to ask this stupid questions :-

1. I am using Small business server 2000 which it came with it POP3 built in
tool , so How can i know if POP3 is Enable or not , can you tell me from where
can i see this  ?

2. for make sure if my user have pop3 controll on my ESM, No, they are using
outlook 2003 and its configured to use the Exchange server it self.

3.My isa server configured to allow all the incomeing traffic , no any
restriction

4.what do you think if i add another POP3 downloader  to my exchange server
SBS2000, like GFI , instead of the one which is not working , do you think it
will work , or it will not work ?

what do you think ? because i think i have Problem with POP3 Downloader tool ,
Please give oyur opinion .

rew English <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui)
}http://www.MSExchange.org/

By default POP3 is disabled on Exchange when you install it. Check to see that
POP3 is enabled, also check to see if your users have POP3 control setup on
your ESM. Next you want to make sure your ISA allows incoming POP3 access from
the internet, otherwise if you are using POP3 on your LAN; you should really
use MS Outlook not Outlook Express; make sure that your DNS has a record which
points to your POP3 server.

Andrew