Re: Open-Exchange

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:17:09 -0700

Boa Dia,

From your email domain it appears that you are Brazilian ( I am Portuguese ).
I haven't run open Exchange and I am sure that it is a very good product,  I
really do not know of any company's in my area that are running it so I
personally can not give you any feedback. However the Linux users list may be
the best place to ask such a question, try www.svlug.org, they have a pretty
active list on such topics and some very opinionated Linux Gurus that are
always eager to give you there two cents ( Most are good guy's and gals )

What I have run and can give you my opinion is on the email client that I  have
had my Linux users use.  Ximian connector for Ximain's Evolution works great to
connect to my Exchange 2003 server that I supported at a previous company with
out any issue's. http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/features/evolution.html

I have to admit, Microsoft did a really nice job with Exchange 2003.  Is
Exchange really that expensive?

Jose Medeiros
Former Vice President and Postmaster NTEA
MCP+I, MCSE, NT4 MCT
www.ntea.net
www.tvnug.org
www.sfntug.org