RE: Open-Exchange

  • From: "William Lefkovics" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:42:18 -0700

OpenXchange is an excellent competing product.  There is more current
information on their retail site: www.openexchange.com

Do you mean OpenXchange (recently moved to the US from Germany - now
www.openexchange.com) or the related SuSE OpenExchange (SLOX) now owned by
Novell (http://www.novell.com/products/openexchange/overview.html)?
Neither of them are 'free'.  Both have commercial retail versions.
Besides, Open Source <> Free.

Ultimately, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 still performs better, integrates
into AD easier and provides the most efficient user experience (MAPI,
Cached-mode, a better OWA), better mobile client services, greater adoption
worldwide.  But depending on the potential client's needs and resources, an
alternative to Exchange Server might be a better fit.