Re: New Email Domain

  • From: "Scott Clarke" <scott.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:49:19 -0700

Hi all,

I have asked this question before but need the answer again.  We have a
domain let's say  All email comes to our email server for
users@xxxxxxxx  Our company has changed its name and now wants both emails
to work using the same exchange 2000 server i.e. users@xxxxxxx and our new
domain users@xxxxxxx

We make changes to our DNS servers which are pulled by the local ISP and I
created a new zone for with the following records:

The WWW works fine because I created a host header for in Internet
Services Manager for our web site when I type it
points to our production web site.  However, email is does not work from
external email accounts.  For example under my user account I added in the
email address ME@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I send email internally to me@xxxxxxx it
works fine...but using my yahoo account I get undeliverable messages when
trying to send to me@xxxxxxx

I suspect that more configuration is required on the Exchange server
side...but what?  Does anyone know?  I think I may have to use the
Recipient Policy to add the new this correct?