[ExchangeList] Re: IMF Whitelist

  • From: "Marcel Stangenberger" <Marcel.Stangenberger@xxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:17:16 +0200

Hi Carl,

the sender recipient trick is this :

*       in Exchange System Manager navigate to Global Setting -> Message
Delivery and select Properties
*       click the Sender Filtering Box
*       click add and enter the email you want to whitelist
*       check the Archive filtered messages and Accept message without
notifying sender of filtering
*       click Apply, a warning box will appear, click ok and the ok again on
the properties box.

at this point all the emails now listed in the sender filter will go into the
Filter directory, which by default is in: C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Filter\ but your path my vary. now we have to
move the files from the Filter directory to the PickUp directory so that the
end user will actually get the mail. here is the batch script I use to effect
that outcome (all on a single line):

        move "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Filter\*.tmp"
"C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp"

after that just setup a scheduled task to run the batch file how ever often you
want it to run (i went with every ten minutes) and your whitelist is in place.

this works as long as the adres specified in the original "to" field of the
header is the recipient and there is no aliassing involved somewhere down the
line of mailservers is passes. If their is then this mail will be send to the
adres specified in the original "to" field which would then cause a mail loop.

Thanks for the further info, i'll keep looking and if i find anything i'll post
it.

Cheers,

Marcel