Re: Global Address Book

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:34:49 -0500

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 14:10:11 -0800 (PST), tony haber
<habre_tony@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      I have two DCs Win2003 one is Root (DC+GC),second is additional DC with
> Exchange
>

>         2003 it was working fine for few days ,after that i install Hotfix
> :KB 831464 .

Did you install it because you were having problems with OWA?

For example, you may receive OWA errors that are similar, but not
limited, to one of the following error messages:
Line: 224
Char: 2
Error: 'g_flsMimeInstalled' is undefined
Code: 0
After you log on to OWA, you may also receive an error message that is
similar to the following:
HTTP Error 405 - The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.

> Later i try to create new user accounts and their related mailboxes it
> created and can see them from ESM, but when i try to send messages to these
> users
> from Outlook i didn't find them in the Global Address List.If i put the mail
> box account in
> the send to: (user@domain) it works fine. Previous created accounts are
> listed in Global
> Address List.

This is still happening?

> One of the users told me that his contacts was lost (he is the only user
> create contacts )and  the servers become out off power  when power gone from
> the
> building .

So a user has lost his contacts or cannot see the Global Address List anymore?

In addition to this, you had a power/hydro outage? Do you have a UPS?
Were the servers shutdown properly? Does this happen often?

> No logs in System or Application logs regarding to Exchange services.

There are NO errors in your event logs on both servers?

...D