[ExchangeList] Changing Domain Controller Name

  • From: "Amit Kapoor" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:41:06 +0530

Hi,

My question is little bit more complex & needs experts advise.

Problem:-

We have Windows 2000 Server configured in Native Mode. The domain name that
we have does not include my company's name. (i.e it's pdc1.login.com)

We have Exchange Server 2003. Now the problem I want to create my domain
name as moduleone.com.

1)       Is there any Utility or command through which I can change the
domain name.

2)       What would be the effect on Exchange Server 2003 if domain name is
changed

3)       Can I migrate the Exchange 2003 from One Domain Controller to
another domain controller. i.e on another server to configured as exchange.

Please Help me in this matter.

ps. check out our latest product: www.DriveInside.com - India's No. 1 Auto
Website

--------
Amit Kapoor

Network Engineer
Module One India Ltd.
Paharpur Software Technology Incubator Park
A-88, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi 110020, India

Tel: +91-(0)11-41859200 ext. 204 |  Fax: +91-(0)11-41859220
E-mail:  <mailto:amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  Web:
<http://www.moduleone.com/> www.moduleone.com

==== c r e a t i v e   i n t e r n e t   s o l u t i o n s ====

Module One, one of India's leading Interactive agencies, uses a
combination of creative, marketing and technology skills to assist
clients in successfully using the Internet for their marketing initiatives.