[evtech] Re: EVTECH Old vs EVTECH New lists: We need to make a decision as a group.

  • From: Collin Kidder <collink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: evtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:55:40 -0400

On 4/12/2010 9:01 AM, John Scrivner wrote:
Could someone please send out the link and instructions for joining the original Evtech list? It is never a good idea to allow one person to control all the access to email lists for an entire industry. I have seen the end result of this in another industry and it is really bad. Good people can make bad choices so there needs to be more than one person at the controls for your industry. I will be moving my list membership from this list to the original Evtech list. I mean no disrespect to the administrator of this list. I simply do not want to see one guy running it all.
John Scrivner

Hehehe... Are you trolling or just being obtuse? I honestly cannot tell.

The original EVTech list is run by one person. This one person has not even proven themselves to be entirely reliable. If I had to choose between Mr Roden and Mr Pullen I would choose Mr Roden. At least I'm not aware of him disappearing for weeks at a time and taking every website he's responsible for with him.

Granted, your original point still stands: At this point both EVTech lists are run by one person. Whichever list comes out on top it needs to have more than one admin.

I still recommend dumping sheer's list like a bad habit. He's unfortunately terribly unreliable and I for one do not want to count on him for anything.
Archive at //www.freelists.org/archive/evtech/