[evtech] EVTECH Old vs EVTECH New lists: We need to make a decision as a group.

  • From: "eric@xxxxxxxxx" <eric@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: evtech <evtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, evtech <evtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:02:57 -0700

Okay everybody, we have a bit of a problem.

As many of you are aware, the EVTECH list has been down for several
days, and it appeared unlikely it would ever return under it's current
administration.  Recently, there has been discussion on the EVDL list
about creating a new EVTECH list on a different server.

Well, we *do* have a new EVTECH list (evtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx), but now
the old list (evtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) is back, and some people
have expressed concern about "splitting" the list.   Personally, I'm
for using the new list.  Here's how I break it down:

"OLD" EVTECH List: Well established, but spotty uptime.  This last
outage was long, and didn't seem to have an end in sight.
"NEW" EVTECH List:  Already has new members that weren't on the old
list, who had heard about it on the EVDL.  I'm told that freelists.org
has good uptime.

I think that splitting the list up is about the worst thing we can do.
 I'd like to know what everyone thinks.  I'm don't have any control
over either list in any way, but I do care about the future of EVTECH,
and I think we should figure this out, and act together as a group.

-- Eric
Set options or unsubscribe at //www.freelists.org/list/evtech
Archive at //www.freelists.org/archive/evtech/